Sunday, January 29, 2012

Smiling Flower...

Smiling flower,
Light, happy and free.
Is it possible,
That this could be me?

Shining sun,
Golden and true.
Is it possible,
That this could be you?

Sweet apple,
Heart of the earth.
Heaven's child,
Asleep in my hands.

Colored balloons,
Flying high in the sky.
Tickling wind,
Laughter heard, and then not again.

Flower face,
Turned ice and stone.
How could this happen?
Please leave me alone.

Heart's armor,
Fire forged.
Dark winter's past,
Cold settling deep.

And yet,
Even tough skin,
The seed's first dress
Softens.

Rain falling,
Miracle stirring,
Magic reaching arms to the sun.
Birth from long sleep.

Heart warming,
To baby's first cry.
Breath set free,
Mountain morning fresh.

Happiness rising,
From slumber much too deep.
Sweetening new edges,
Where fresh smiles now meet.

Smiling flower, or shining sun?
Who can tell them apart?
Only you in me,
And me in you too.